respect the sprouts: snow peas

I've always been a gym person, but it wasn't until I got pregnant that I realized nutrition was something I had never thought about. I used to eat two meals a day, pop a multi-vitamin instead of lunch, and enjoy a few too many chocolate bars. Pregnancy gave me the excuse I needed to learn more about how to eat to be healthy, not just workout. So even though I'm back to eating for one, I try to keep our food choices healthy, easy, and delicious. 

Welcome to respect the sprouts. Today's edition: snow peas. 


Lunch is the hardest meal. Breakfast and dinner you eat with your family, which by default requires planning. But during the day it's just me, and making myself real food seems like a hassle. Simple lunches like this one means I'll take the five minutes to make it and I'll have energy for the rest of the day. I take some time at the beginning of the week to slice up a bunch of vegetables to cut down on even more prep time. 

pumpernickel bread, turkey, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, avocado, almonds, snow peas



No comments:

Post a Comment