on authenticity

I'm going to delete my facebook account. The statuses offend me. The pictures leave me feeling ill. I watch the planned precision with which lives are lived to create the perfect post. Most of the time I see things I really didn't need to see.

I understand that want. That interest in being envied. Your life is perfect if you are able to have others perceive it as such. But I know these people so I know they're lying. 

Blogs are similar. We can weed through the wastefulness, the overflowing closets and end of the day pile that is everyone's dining room table. All to show you the single photo worth saving, the picture ready outfit and the decor that is certain to get your life back on track. But I know me so I'd know I was lying. 

Welcome to the authentic. Stay for a bit, won't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment